Future Goals – Hockey Scholar, is a unique science, technology, engineering, and math resource for students. This online program leverages the exciting game of hockey as a learning vehicle to ignite student interest in these critical topics and is available to all Elementary and Middle Schools throughout British Columbia at no cost.
Grade Level: 4-7
Total Course Length: 3-4 hours
Standards: Provincial Science and Math
Sample Topics Covered:
- Engineering behind skates, sticks & goalie padding
- Ice surface area & volume
- Geometric constructions and angles
- States of matter – solid, liquid, gas
- Mass, velocity and kinetic energy as seen through the speed of a player
If you’re interested in bringing this resource to your school, please complete the short form found here and a member of the Future Goals team will connect with you to get you started.
Thank you for your interest in Future Goals – Hockey Scholar!